Movie Time
Smores!So on Saturday we had a pizza party, then afterwards I let them pick out a movie – Princess and the Frog. Ava loves anything with princesses, and Dylan loves the Shadow Man. They can usually choose a movie they both love for different reasons ;-) I moved the furniture around in the living room and pitched a tent-the kids thought that was the coolest thing! We layered the tent with blankets, sleeping bags, and pillows and set up for the movie. They watched from inside the tent as they ate popcorn. As it got darker outside, we decided to go get anything we would need for the campout – including 5 flashlights – before it got to dark to “leave the campground”. Ava stuck with just her tinkerbell flashlight and a baby doll, Dylan of course had to pile high his side of the tent with his “necessities”—numerous cars, a monster truck, a dinosaur, a football, etc. I turned all of the lights off in the house, but kept a nightlight on near the entrance of the tent.
Nature walkWe took “nature walks” with our flashlights throughout the house, being sure we all stayed on the trail. We would point out different plants, bugs and animals we would see outside, and then of course Dylan wanted to spook Ava so we all ended up back in the tent pretty fast! I made smores and we ate them around the flashlights in the tent. Dylan told stories (scary of course), and then we talked about what sounds we would hear if we were camping outside. Ava said a cat. Dylan came up with some pretty creative ones – like grasshopper, cricket, owl, lion and giraffe. Then we laid down and made shadow puppets with our flashlights until the kiddos fell fast asleep. I actually fell asleep with them, until I woke up with back pain at almost midnight. 37 week pregnant women should not sleep on the floor LOL! I know they loved waking up in the tent after their sleepover together. Now if I could just keep Ava from going into Dylan’s room every night…
Best BudsOn the baby front, I am dilated and the doctor thinks that she will arrive at the end of the month/very beginning of September. My guess is September 3rd, so we will see if I’m right! Still no set name, but two frontrunners are Addison James (Addie) and Harper Ann. We might just have to see her to decide. The nursery is all set and Ava is adjusting to her big girl room well, so now I feel like I can rest a little before the baby comes—and that’s only 2-3 weeks away!!
So excited and looking forward to meeting our precious little girl. Will she have Ava’s outgoing personality and her curly blonde hair to match? Will she have Dylan’s big brown twinkling eyes and eyebrows that almost seem to talk to you without words? Only time will tell, and I’m going to enjoy every single baby milestone with her!
1 comment:
Aw - little late in seeing/reading this, but how cute! I know it was a special memory for these two before Harper's arrival!
Post a Comment