May 17, 2011

Changes

I just love it when the seasons begin to change, birds start singing, the sun rises earlier and sets later, and all the colors and blooms of the seasons become more alive. Unfortunately for me, I cannot seem to get a darn thing to cooperate with me in our front yard and nothing seems to thrive. I blame it on the full sun it receives…but deep down I know that my thumb is certainly not green, and any type of plant death can be blamed on me (at least in part)! If I took proper care of plants—feeding them food, clipping their brown leaves and petals, and of course watering them, which I too often forget—they might have a fighting chance!


Thank goodness for them that a lot are taken care of by mother nature. The grass is becoming more lush (and hopefully will take over the overpopulated weeds that all the rain brought this Spring) and my hydrangeas in the backyard are beginning to bloom a gorgeous shade of lavender. Michael laid St. Augustine down on the side of the house that water seems to drench and the sun hardly ever reaches, so hopefully it will be a spot where the kids can play this summer.


Speaking of changes, Harper has certainly grown lately! She recently turned 8 months old, and can say Mama, Dada, and Nana, and can also clap in excitement. She loves clapping at the cutest things—like getting handed a toy that she was wanting, or if Dylan makes her gut laugh. Her newest thing is that she is trying to balance while standing up, letting go of whatever it is she is holding—she’s a little daredevil like Dylan was at her age.




And of course she is walking around the house with her little lion thinking she’s super cool keeping up with her brother and sister :-)



Sometimes, she gets a little frustrated because she wants to be able to go faster, but her little legs won’t let her!



No comments: