Last weekend was a pretty laid back one. On Saturday, we went to Dylan’s last summer session swim class, where he swam underwater—kicking the entire time—for nine seconds! I can’t believe how he does it at such a young age. I’m sure the M&M treats help him kick even faster! After class he got his swim school t-shirt and of course wore it proudly the next day. He was also given a ribbon upon completion of his first Waterbabies class. During the fall session, he will be in the more advanced Waterbabies class. I’m so glad he loves the water! It is amazing to watch him kick so much, and learn how to climb out of the pool. Safety first, especially at his age and with his daring little personality!
Later on that afternoon, we decided to go to Fort Worth’s Kimball Art Museum to see the Impressionist exhibit, and eat at the “famous” Joe T. Garcia’s. We packed the kiddos—and the necessary baggage—into the car and headed our way West. The drive is probably over an hour long, and neither Michael nor I have gone to Fort Worth many times in our lives. We get to DFW Airport when I decide to pull out my information on the museum and realize it closed in an hour! So, what to do....Well, we still wound up going to eat at Joe T’s. It’s real close to the Stockyards and has a gorgeous—and HUGE—patio. I order a margarita (or two) and some migas, and Michael orders a beer and...here’s the kicker....they don’t even have a menu to order from! Aside from a selective breakfast/brunch menu, the only thing they serve is enchiladas or fajitas. Hmm, we thought, I bet they are the best enchiladas/fajitas around. Well, to sum it up nicely, we were TERRIBLY disappointed, both with the drinks and the food. We’d choose Taco Bueno any day over it! We more than likely won’t ever go back, even “if they were serving golden enchiladas with diamond laced margaritas” as Michael put it.
Since we were all the way out in Fort Worth, we tried to find something fun and unusual to do. It was entirely too hot to spend it at the obvious choices like the zoo, botanical garden, water park, etc., but our waiter at Joe T’s told us about a cute little train ride that goes through Trinity Park. It sounded like the perfect idea since Dylan is absolutely obsessed with trains right now. I took Dylan on the train ride while Michael and Ava Grace hung back—it was too hot for her to ride. So, while Ava and Daddy sat in the car listening to They Might Be Giants, Dylan and Mommy began their adventure! At first, Dylan sat quietly, observing and taking everything in as he usually does. In a matter of minutes though, I couldn’t keep the kiddo contained in his seat! He was pointing and waiving at people and moving all about. He had a blast, and I can’t even count how many times I heard “choo-choo” during the 40 minute ride. He’s precious.
After our train excursion, we ended up going to MeeMaw and PeePaw’s house for dinner. Dylan played on the slide with PeePaw and MeeMaw grilled us a salmon dinner. It was nice – and I was tired! A yummy dinner, which ended up putting me to sleep on the car ride home. Sorry about that, babe :-)
Sunday was Michael’s official birthday. He had already gotten a Wii weeks earlier because I can never hold on to gifts or surprises, so really the day was up to him. He was the one that suggested the Kimball trip, so I guess we will end up going to Fort Worth again before the exhibit closes in the fall. The fam went down to Snuffer’s on Greenville to eat lunch with our friends Eryn and Kim. After lunch we went to Eryn’s condo he bought just a couple months ago to swim. It was hot outside, but I think the water in the pool was a little too cold for Dylan’s liking! Champ came and brought Michael a birthday cake and a birthday balloon. Of course, Dylan took the balloon the moment he saw it, especially since Thomas the Train was on it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! Being in that part of town makes me miss living in that area, and it was nice to see our good friends that don’t live so close to us now :-( After our fun pool time, I dropped Michael and Ava Grace at the house and Dylan and I went to B.J. and Stacy’s house to see the nursery. Stacy is due in a week – how the pregnancy has flown by, for me anyways I’m sure Stacy would disagree! The nursery is so adorable and I cannot wait for all of the babies to be born. It is so fun and special to have friends in our neighborhood that have children the same age as Dylan and Ava.
That’s the weekend wrap up, now on to the week. Ava Grace had her four month checkup and is growing like a weed. She’s in the 85% for height, and 40% for weight. All of her shots got her under the weather. With Ava running a fever and trying to break Dylan’s nighttime habit of lounging on the couch before bed, our nights have been a little longer and tougher!
This week I finish my online course which I am always excited about. Finishing a class means getting that much closer to the end result of a degree! I also started attending my classes at SMU. So far, I have gone to one class twice, and I think it is might favorite since beginning SMU. It’s an anthropology class on culture and linguistics, and it seems fairly painless. Hardly any work, and the professor makes the class interesting and fun. It’s kind of depressing that she is only six years old than me! Anyways, I have to leave work for two hours on both days to attend, but aside from that it seems like a great course. Tonight is my first long night for a judicial theory class. Hmmm, I just might fall asleep around 8:00 in class given the week I’ve had!
More to come next week (or sometime soon thereafter)...
No comments:
Post a Comment