Saturday we decided to go to West, Texas—home of the infamous Czech Stop, known statewide for their yummy kolaches. West Fest was fi
lled with tons of rides for Dylan, Czech games, music, dancing and more. The drive there, which is on the way to Waco just about an hour and fifteen minutes from the house, wasn’t a bad one. Ava Grace slept pretty much the whole way, and Dylan “read” his book and looked for airplanes. Carl’s Corner, while it consists of only a trucker’s rest stop, always is sort of a monument because of its big sign off the highway and the dancing frogs on the rest stop. I was sad to see that the big Carl’s Corner city sign set on an eighteen-wheeler cutout had been demolished, probably by a tornado. And the rest stop had also been redone, so no huge dancing frogs sitting atop the building.

I had to include a picture of Dylan and the Smucker's mascot-because Dylan would not leave him alone. He had to have given him at least a dozen high-fives! After we got our fill of sausage sandwiches, rides and of course kolaches, we made the drive home. We decided to stop by the Hillsboro outlet mall, just to see what new stores were there. I was shocked-and excited-to see that a Gymboree outlet store had opened about six months ago. I ended up getting Ava several summer dresses for next year—all for $6 each! I love buying sale stuff for upcoming seasons-you save so much!

Sunday we celebrated Michael’s birthday at his parents’ house. We had roast and tons of vegetables-yum! Ava Grace must not have been feeling well, because she was as fussy as ever. Dylan loves seeing the whole family, especially Peepaw. It’s cute watching Dylan with Peyton and Josilyn play as well. He’s at an age where he loves to try and play with the older children-and mimics everything. Michael got all the things he loves—gift cards to play golf, a golf store, and a video game store. Nothing could have been more perfect for him!

Labor day we decided to go down to McKinney Avenue and take the trolley ride, since Dylan loves trains. We went to NorthPark to try and find Dylan and outfit for Mary Ann’s wedding, and after searching forever for a black suit, we ended up getting a navy sports jacket, red tie and some khakis. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the trolley, the fact that Dylan did not have a nap caught up to him. We waited for twenty minutes to get on the trolley and I didn’t think we could wait any longer! It finally showed and that was all it took to make Dylan happy again. The three-day weekend was filled with so many fun things for the family!
I had to include a picture of Dylan and the Smucker's mascot-because Dylan would not leave him alone. He had to have given him at least a dozen high-fives! After we got our fill of sausage sandwiches, rides and of course kolaches, we made the drive home. We decided to stop by the Hillsboro outlet mall, just to see what new stores were there. I was shocked-and excited-to see that a Gymboree outlet store had opened about six months ago. I ended up getting Ava several summer dresses for next year—all for $6 each! I love buying sale stuff for upcoming seasons-you save so much!
Sunday we celebrated Michael’s birthday at his parents’ house. We had roast and tons of vegetables-yum! Ava Grace must not have been feeling well, because she was as fussy as ever. Dylan loves seeing the whole family, especially Peepaw. It’s cute watching Dylan with Peyton and Josilyn play as well. He’s at an age where he loves to try and play with the older children-and mimics everything. Michael got all the things he loves—gift cards to play golf, a golf store, and a video game store. Nothing could have been more perfect for him!
Labor day we decided to go down to McKinney Avenue and take the trolley ride, since Dylan loves trains. We went to NorthPark to try and find Dylan and outfit for Mary Ann’s wedding, and after searching forever for a black suit, we ended up getting a navy sports jacket, red tie and some khakis. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the trolley, the fact that Dylan did not have a nap caught up to him. We waited for twenty minutes to get on the trolley and I didn’t think we could wait any longer! It finally showed and that was all it took to make Dylan happy again. The three-day weekend was filled with so many fun things for the family!
2 comments:
I LOVE the Czech stop! I've already been there 3 times this year!
Wow! I had no idea there was a festival! Silly me. I guess if I made myself more available to the world I would know these things! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! I just happend to check the forwarded mail I got from my office as I have been out all week. I will repond to your email soon. Tell everyone hello! - lindsay warren
Post a Comment