As I started to get older, the girlie side of me seemed to fade, although I still got my nails done, colored my hair a million different ways, and was tanner than any of those orange celebrities out there! But, even those few girlie things seemed to fade away. Any mother knows its hard to take the time out for yourself. The simplest things seem to be difficult to do-like a short bubble bath or touching up your badly chipped toenail polish!

On Saturday I was fortunate to have a spa and shopping day with a friend. I have never had a massage, as I always thought it would be a little oogy having someone touch you for so long! But the moment I laid on that tiny little bed, in the dark with light music playing and candles in the background, I was mush. I would have paid big $$ for that massage, because boy I sure did need it! After our massages, we went to NorthPark to go dress shopping. Now, there are two things I don’t like about that scenario: (1) shopping; and (2) for a dress. Ugh. I would’ve paid any amount of money just to get it over with quickly-and I did!
After my “me” day, I rushed over to my cousin’s house to help with her daughter’s birthday party. I had an absolute blast with a bunch of ten year old girls. They had their very own spa day—filled with facials, manicures, pedicures, and hairstyles! All this as they sipped on their sparkling fruit drinks in goblets-it was all too precious. I was the manicurist. It was fun watching them pick out several different colors to paint their nails (every other nail was a different color), as well as little rhinestones to glue on and even hand-painting flowers and cherries.

The whole day got me thinking. All mommies need to take the time to do the little things that make you feel like a million bucks! When you are a busy employee, student, wife, mother, you wonder where you can find the time to even accomplish all the stuff that goes along with your different “hats”. Sometimes you need to just take time for yourself to be a girlie girl. Get your nails done, get a funky new ‘do, get a massage, facial, etc. Watching the 10 year old girls’ faces when they were getting pampered made me realize their excitement is the same as me at age 30. Nothing changes over that 20 year period, our lives just get more hectic. Thank you, Amber, for letting me be that girlie girl for a day!
1 comment:
Glad you got some "you" time! Sounds like you had fun :-) Loved the pictures of the kids, too!
Post a Comment