My weekend consisted of being sick, having two sick children, and having Michael out of
town for a boys weekend getaway. Dylan decided to act not so nice on occasion, but I felt bad for him because he was so sick. That didn’t excuse his anger and outbursts, so needless to say he sat in time out more than I can count! Poor little guy :-) He was still such a trooper though even with a cold and croup, and when he was feeling okay, he did the sweet little things my little guy does that immediately puts a smile on my face. I was about to feed Ava Grace and put her bottle on the chair’s arm while I went to grab a burp cloth. When I came back to the living room, Dylan had taken the bottle off the chair and was feeding Ava in her seat! He is such a good big brother already at 19 months it amazes me every day.

Ava seems to be getting bigger and bigger so fast! She is so good at grabbing objects—and boy she is so strong too. She’s just my happy, smiley, sweet little cuddle bear like always. She sits in her bumbo seat and loves to watch everything going on around her.
One funny thing that happened this weekend, while a bit graphic, is that Dylan did a #2 in his training potty. He has been using the potty for a month or two now, but we never push it. We either ask him if he needs to go or he will tell us. One day, he went ten times on the potty and had a dry diaper the entire day. On Saturday he wasn’t feeling well and we were getting ready for bed and he told me he needed to go potty. He’s sitting on the potty and it seemed like forever and he was just reading one of his potty books while I was across the hall folding laundry. I tried to go in to get him off the potty and he pushed the bathroom door closed on me! He didn’t seem to want me to come in. When I finally did, I realized why. I guess he needed his privacy! Why do I post a story such as this, you might ask. Simply put, it's because I am so proud of him and his "achievements".
Michael seemed to have a really fun time at the Birdies and Dovies weekend at the Cheeks’ ranch. He got to play golf and hunt so he was pretty much in heaven! I’ll post some pictures of their weekend trip soon.
Ava seems to be getting bigger and bigger so fast! She is so good at grabbing objects—and boy she is so strong too. She’s just my happy, smiley, sweet little cuddle bear like always. She sits in her bumbo seat and loves to watch everything going on around her.
One funny thing that happened this weekend, while a bit graphic, is that Dylan did a #2 in his training potty. He has been using the potty for a month or two now, but we never push it. We either ask him if he needs to go or he will tell us. One day, he went ten times on the potty and had a dry diaper the entire day. On Saturday he wasn’t feeling well and we were getting ready for bed and he told me he needed to go potty. He’s sitting on the potty and it seemed like forever and he was just reading one of his potty books while I was across the hall folding laundry. I tried to go in to get him off the potty and he pushed the bathroom door closed on me! He didn’t seem to want me to come in. When I finally did, I realized why. I guess he needed his privacy! Why do I post a story such as this, you might ask. Simply put, it's because I am so proud of him and his "achievements".
Michael seemed to have a really fun time at the Birdies and Dovies weekend at the Cheeks’ ranch. He got to play golf and hunt so he was pretty much in heaven! I’ll post some pictures of their weekend trip soon.
1 comment:
Ah - you survived! Loved reading about your little guy and sweet AVA.
Post a Comment