There were many milestones this weekend: Ava Grace's first Halloween, Dylan's first time trick-or-treating, Ava's first taste at "real food"-sweet peas. Then, there was Dylan's transition into a toddler bed. Since he has been crawling out of his crib for some time, we decided that on his 2nd birthday in January we get him his new bedroom set-bedding, furniture and all! In order to get him ready for the change, we decided to take out his crib and put his mattress on the floor. Dylan is a
severe thrasher, and so for his safety we figure he should be close to the ground! So far, not so good. Hopefully I won't have to lay in his room for two hours tonight before he falls asleep again. I think I'm going to try the method of just walking him back into his room...over and over and over again. I tried that last night, but was so exhausted I gave up after 20 minutes of doing so and just laid next to him, while he made shadow puppets and tried waking me from my pretend sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment