I cannot believe it has been over two months since I’ve posted a blog-bad mommy ;-)! We have all been so busy lately, time is just flying by. I can’t believe my little girl is almost 15 months old, and Dylan is 2 ½ - eeks!!
Dylan is talking up a storm and has added so many new words to his vocabulary – and new phrases as well. Last night he told me (while he was on the telephone), “Be quiet mommy. I’m talking to Pop-Pop!” Other Dylan-isms lately include randomly spouting out his numbers in Spanish (we had no idea he knew any Spanish!), going through all the days of the week (yet another thing we didn’t know he could do-thanks so much to his fantastic school!), naming the field mouse (or so we thought, it later turned into a bunny) Squeak all on his own, and the best one he has been doing a lot lately is when something smells “stinky”—even if it is him—he will say “Eww mommy, something’s stinky-Ava went poo-poo!” He is already learning the blame game at such a young age!
Ava Grace made me so happy two nights ago. Now when I walk in the door from work, both kiddos run full force towards me with their arms open and give me big hugs. She is getting so big, entirely too fast! Her appetite is growing more and more as well. I think she will be out of the zero percentile in weight quicker than I thought. She loves to cuddle, hug her babies, and her favorite thing in the world is to dance-she dances to everything! She has also taken up singing lessons thanks to her big brother, who accompanies her on the piano while she sings into the microphone. She is such a girlie girl, but certainly can keep up with her brother. They have been getting along so well lately. Now that Ava Grace is big enough to play with him, Dylan is loving it. Dylan makes Ava giggle so much, and she just adores him.
Dylan is talking up a storm and has added so many new words to his vocabulary – and new phrases as well. Last night he told me (while he was on the telephone), “Be quiet mommy. I’m talking to Pop-Pop!” Other Dylan-isms lately include randomly spouting out his numbers in Spanish (we had no idea he knew any Spanish!), going through all the days of the week (yet another thing we didn’t know he could do-thanks so much to his fantastic school!), naming the field mouse (or so we thought, it later turned into a bunny) Squeak all on his own, and the best one he has been doing a lot lately is when something smells “stinky”—even if it is him—he will say “Eww mommy, something’s stinky-Ava went poo-poo!” He is already learning the blame game at such a young age!
Ava Grace made me so happy two nights ago. Now when I walk in the door from work, both kiddos run full force towards me with their arms open and give me big hugs. She is getting so big, entirely too fast! Her appetite is growing more and more as well. I think she will be out of the zero percentile in weight quicker than I thought. She loves to cuddle, hug her babies, and her favorite thing in the world is to dance-she dances to everything! She has also taken up singing lessons thanks to her big brother, who accompanies her on the piano while she sings into the microphone. She is such a girlie girl, but certainly can keep up with her brother. They have been getting along so well lately. Now that Ava Grace is big enough to play with him, Dylan is loving it. Dylan makes Ava giggle so much, and she just adores him.

We had our first road trip of many to come in our future! We did our annual 11 hour drive to Pensacola for the fourth of July. We were looking forward to it because we missed going last year—I couldn’t imagine driving for such a long time with a 2 month old and 17 month old! I didn’t know what to expect with both children, and they ended up doing better than expected in the car. I’m so glad, because we are hoping to go to Colorado to see our friends the Schwabs and Booths in October.
Our fourth was so much fun—it is so great seeing the McDanal aunts, uncles, and cousins. There were 10 little ones running around together the entire time! Michael got to deep see fish with the relatives, while I hung back to shop and eat lunch with the kiddos in Orange Beach. Shane put on a fantastic fireworks show after the shrimp boil on the fourth, and the kids loved them! We also got to swim at the pool, and some of the cousins parasailed. I can kick myself because I somehow deleted half of the pictures from the trip when I got home—grrrr!! Thank goodness Leigh Ann is compiling everyone’s pictures to send out. I realized something the other day—out of 12 decedents of the McDanal family, Dylan is the only one to actually carry on the name. Maybe there will be more little McDanal boys to come in the future—uh-hmm MARY ANN (LOL)!!
Dylan’s beach experience is as I remembered it when he was 7 months old. I really thought he would love it since he loves the water. Instead, he inched towards the water with his feet in the sand, liked it for about one minute, then decided it wasn’t for him! So, mommy and Dylan ended up playing with the dump truck in the sand far away from the ocean. Ava Grace, on the other hand, is my fearless mini-me. She couldn’t get enough of the beach, ocean, and would try just about anything. Her daddy took her as far out as he could and she was smiling the entire time.
All in all, we had a fantastic time as always. We missed out on going to the Florabama Bar—but we will make up for our absence next year :-)!
Our fourth was so much fun—it is so great seeing the McDanal aunts, uncles, and cousins. There were 10 little ones running around together the entire time! Michael got to deep see fish with the relatives, while I hung back to shop and eat lunch with the kiddos in Orange Beach. Shane put on a fantastic fireworks show after the shrimp boil on the fourth, and the kids loved them! We also got to swim at the pool, and some of the cousins parasailed. I can kick myself because I somehow deleted half of the pictures from the trip when I got home—grrrr!! Thank goodness Leigh Ann is compiling everyone’s pictures to send out. I realized something the other day—out of 12 decedents of the McDanal family, Dylan is the only one to actually carry on the name. Maybe there will be more little McDanal boys to come in the future—uh-hmm MARY ANN (LOL)!!
Dylan’s beach experience is as I remembered it when he was 7 months old. I really thought he would love it since he loves the water. Instead, he inched towards the water with his feet in the sand, liked it for about one minute, then decided it wasn’t for him! So, mommy and Dylan ended up playing with the dump truck in the sand far away from the ocean. Ava Grace, on the other hand, is my fearless mini-me. She couldn’t get enough of the beach, ocean, and would try just about anything. Her daddy took her as far out as he could and she was smiling the entire time.
All in all, we had a fantastic time as always. We missed out on going to the Florabama Bar—but we will make up for our absence next year :-)!

1 comment:
ok, that last picture is so amazing! Both Dylan and Ava look PRECIOUS! I got this pic when we were in florida and could respond b/c my phone wasn't sending emails but I just fell in love with this picture....amazing! Anyways, glad you guys have had a good summer!
Post a Comment