April 30, 2009

My Babies


It’s hard for me to absorb the fact that my baby girl turned one this past weekend. Time has flown by so fast, and I wish I could slow it down just a little bit to enjoy every moment even more. Everyday I am thankful for all of the blessings God has given me. I cherish even the littlest things-like seeing Dylan’s big smile and bright eyes peering through the cracks of my bedroom door at 10:00 at night with his arms full of cars—ready to play and not even thinking of sleep—and Ava Grace’s pure joy of sneakily taking one of Dylan’s toys and crawling her fastest so that he will chase her down—giggling the entire time.

I love my life and even the chaos it sometimes brings. I love the ups, downs, and on-the-go mentality, ready for anything at a moment’s notice. Watching the kiddos play together, and even nerve one another. Ava’s big personality sure does make up for her petite size, and Dylan is starting to find that out!

I’m looking forward to the summer—Ava taking her first full walk independently, feeding the ducks at the lake, blowing as many bubbles as Dylan can muster up, picnics, and just enjoying the outdoors with my children. And who knows what else this year will bring, you just never know :-)

1 comment:

scheek said...

Sweet momma! It goes by too fast doesn't it!?!