September 15, 2009

The Big 3-2

Michael turned 32 on August 24th, and I decided to throw him a little party--a surprise party.Those that know me well know how I cannot keep anything fun or exciting a surprise. For example, I always tell Michael what gift I’m giving him for birthdays, Christmas, etc. way ahead of time—or I just give it to him when I purchase it, well in advance of whatever occasion we are celebrating. So, to have a surprise party for him and actually pull it off, I felt a sense of accomplishment!

We had a fantastic dinner at Avila’s beforehand and let me tell you their margaritas are yum! They also have great posole soup which is worth going back for. The tables are pretty close together, so we ended up eating, talking and drinking (a little too many) with a fantastic couple the entire time. Afterwards, we went to my old stomping ground off Henderson. Ahh, I miss my patios :-) We went to Vickery Park for a trusty pear ale and then off to Top Golf—where everyone was waiting.



Michael was so surprised to see everyone and he had a blast. Of course, how could I have gone wrong with golf, beer and friends, right?

No comments: