October 21, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!


My little butterfly



I'm so happy we got a break from the rain to enjoy such a beautiful weekend! We had outdoor activities planned so I'm happy it was sunny and gorgeous. Ava Grace, Josilyn and Peyton had fun walking in the parade at the Butterfly Flutterby Festival in Grapevine, while Dylan, his daddy and uncles watched. After the parade, the kids were able to do art projects, release butterflies, and have their faces painted. I put my clown-phobia aside so the kids could get balloon animals before we left. That was a tough decision - letting Dylan and Ava have balloons made, or let my fear of clowns get the best of me!



The Three Musketeers


Ava waiting patiently to begin the parade

After the butterfly festival, we ate a quick lunch before heading to the Dallas Arboretum. Walking around the trails looking at the different plants and flowers, with sailboats on White Rock Lake in the background - WOW. It was so picturesque! And I don't think I've ever seen so many types of pumpkins in one place...


Daddy and his Little Pumpkins

Dylan copying a little girl rolling down a hill

Sweet Ava


Proof that it's hard to take pictures of the kids these days!!


Hopefully the rain will take a break so everyone can enjoy another fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

Amy Cheek said...

Great pictures! I love the one of all their faces in the cut-out. And the pumpkin picture. . . actually they are all great whether the kids were still or not. Are you LOOOOOVING your new camera?

scheek said...

Adorable, we almost went to the butterfly festival~ Ava looks precious! Cute pics, Jamie!