November 02, 2009

Vino!

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to get away for a four-day weekend to celebrate a friend’s mom’s 65th birthday. We all grew up together on the same block, so she thought it would be fun to surprise her mom with a mother-daughter getaway. It was the perfect weekend to do it – the weather was gorgeous and the leaves were starting to turn.

We spent two days in Napa visiting wineries, shopping, and eating of course! Sunday we spent the majority of the day in Sonoma visiting wineries and shopping. Monday we headed back to San Francisco and were able to spend some time at the pier, visit the Ghirardelli chocolate store, and eat clam chowder near the bay. I couldn’t have left San Fran without eating some chowda in a sourdough bread bowl! Mmmmm!!

Enjoying San Fran's Seafood

The beginning of drive to Napa wineries




Salvestrin Winery-gorgeous!


Alcatraz


The daughters

The entire weekend was perfect. I was also relieved that Michael did fantastic with Dylan and Ava. Not that I was nervous or anything (wink-wink), but it was the first time I left him to watch the kids alone for several days. I was afraid Ava would be missing me all weekend. Turns out, she loved having her daddy-time! Dylan would ask every once in a while where mommy was, so he was super excited when he woke up the next morning and I had a toy trolley car filled with chocolate for him. Of course, he still asked if I brought him a race car--can’t get him past his race car obsession lately! He even includes race cars in his prayer at night, “Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Ava, Meow....and Race Cars!”

Next post will include all of our Halloween festivities from this weekend – trunk or treat at Dylan’s school, Boo on Ballard, and of course Trick-or-Treating. Hope you all had a great Halloween!

No comments: