
December 18, 2009
It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!
I had my first try at making a gingerbread house with the kids, and they had so much fun! I have never made a gingerbread house, so I figured might as well try...it can’t be that hard to create one real quick and have it look just like the picture on the box, right?? As I’m emptying the contents of the box on the kitchen table, I read the items needed: “ROLLING PIN?! Umm, guys how about we make the gingerbread house next weekend?” That was my sad attempt to not make the gingerbread house once I realized it was going to take longer than I thought—but the kids were not having it! Michael heard me from the other room and came into the kitchen laughing. Since I had never made a gingerbread house, I thought it would be a 5 minute little project. Umm, not so much. Rolling pins, mixing bowls, little candy balls going absolutely EVERYWHERE as Dylan and Ava Grace help by putting them on the roof. I do believe most of them either went bouncing throughout the kitchen, or into their mouths! Dylan did a great job lining the roof and walls with gumdrops and even helped put icing up, and Ava...well, she was Ava :-) She ate 99.5% of the candy she touched, and maybe put two candy drops on the roof! Here are the results (and I must say, I don’t think it’s half bad for my first attempt, and working with a one and two year old)~


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment