January 03, 2010

White Christmas

What a treat to have a white Christmas in Dallas this year - first in 80 years! I was like one of the kids jumping up and down in the snow. I checked the weather for this week and it says high 29/low 16 for Thursday...so maybe more snow in the future-YIPPEE! Christmas Eve was so much fun, and all of the kids got a visit from Santa. Ava Grace is still unsure of Ho Ho, but Dylan loves Santa. This is the first year that he gets the gist of it all, and let me tell ya our Elf on a Shelf Jack came in handy during some trying nights.


The kids after one too many cookies


Dylan excited about his batman helicopter (cookie in hand)


Ava Grace and her uncertainty of Santa


The kids set out cookies for Santa and went to bed around 10:30. I thought they would sleep in, but they were up at their usual time of 7:00. I made wassail and breakfast casserole, and Nana and Pop-Pop joined us. I love watching the kids' faces when they first see the tree. Dylan got so excited, and Ava Grace followed his lead. He opened each gift and got so excited. When Ava Grace was handed a gift, she would get excited about it without even opening it!

After Nana and Pop-Pop left around lunchtime, the whole family was able to take a nap. I think Daddy and Mommy needed it more than the kids! After we awoke, we didn't realize how late it was and rushed to get ready and head over to MeeMaw and PeePaw's house where the rest of the McDanal crew was waiting. With 10 adults and 5 kids, presents around the tree were spilling into the kitchen, breakfast nook and living room!

Santa gifts being opened

The family

Now that we are coming down from the holiday high, it is all about organizing to fit the new toys, cleaning, and did I mention organizing?! I spent the day cleaning out our office/storage room/junk room. I am tired! We got a beautiful new dining room table and hutch, which led me to clean out the office after 3 long and miserable years. It got so overwhelming that I didn't even want to go into the room! As I type this blog, I am sitting in the newly cleaned out office. I don't think I've sat in here for at least over two years. The new year brings a new mindset-no more procrastination :-)

1 comment:

Amy Cheek said...

Cute cute! And so proud you organized. Can you come to my house next?