June 24, 2010

Family Visits and More to Come!

Summertime is officially upon us, although its been in the 100s for quite some time. Which made it oh so comfortable during our garage sale this past weekend for me! I’m so thankful to have all of that “stuff” out of the house and attic, and now I can move on to finishing Addie’s room. Now that I’m seven months pregnant, I’m itching to get both the nursery and Ava Grace’s big girl room completed before Addie’s arrival. A lot of work to do, Lord give me the energy :-)

My Aunt Diane from California was able to have a week-long visit and the kids absolutely loved it! She had not seen Ava’s new “big girl personality” which Ava showed in all her glory. It’s so nice when she is able to visit, since I have no aunts in the area. She was so surprised at how much the kids have changed since her last visit, and was really impressed at how smart they are. Now if only they’d use their powers for good-LOL!


Dylan had a fantastic weekend getaway with Pop-Pop, Nana and Aunt Diane to the lakehouse. I was a little worried he might cry when they drove off, but he was so excited to go, I don’t even think he said goodbye to me-jumped in the car as fast as he could with a huge smile on his face! Can’t really blame him though-what 3 year old boy WOULDN’T want to play with bugs, get dirty, and ride on 3 different tractors (his heaven on earth)?! When he got home on Sunday night, I swear he had grown two inches and matured another 2 years.



Aunt Diane also got to spend some alone time with Ava Grace on the days Dylan was at school. She bought Ava a camera, which she has been addicted to ever since she got it. Ava’s been taking self-portraits, and pictures of anything and everything she sees.


Michael and I went to my 30 week sonogram to check on the baby, and everything looks great. She’s in the 52%, which I’m assuming means she is average in size, and weighs 3 pounds.

We are all looking forward to our beach vacation down on the Redneck Riviera! We are going to try and see a free Jimmy Buffett/Zac Brown Band concert on the beach, and cannot wait to see the family on the McDanal side. I’m especially looking forward to stress-free, (virgin) bushwacker-filled lazy days on the beach.

1 comment:

Amy Cheek said...

The last picture is my favorite. I so wonder what's going on in Ava Grace's brain while photographing her sweet feet. :-)