

He also moved up a class in school, officially labeled as an "older 3". He showed me his new classroom this morning, and smiled really big when he pointed to his new name tag on the wall. I'm happy that he loves school, and loves to learn new things! I'm also glad that his teacher is moving up with him, because she is fantastic and you can tell she really loves her students.
Ava Grace has been a sassy sweetheart more than ever lately. It's hard to discipline or stand your ground with her, because she will sass off but end it with a look or giggle that melts your heart. It's like she's messing with you, in-training to be a sarcastic girl like her momma :-) She's my social butterfly, wanting to say "Hi to kids" or "Hi to the guys" whenever she can. She pretty much says hi to everyone - kids playing in the street, construction workers at a stop light. She's ready for her big girl room, so whenever I am done completing the nursery, I'll work on Ava's room.
On Sunday, we bbq'ed and played in the pool and sprinkler in the backyard. Dylan and Ava got along great and did not want to come in afterwards. They played and played, until "someone" pulled the ultimate party foul in the pool--too excited to not get out and go to the bathroom, if you know what I mean. So it unfortunately ended on a sour note, but they had a great time!


We also officially started getting the nursery together. We painted the walls and put wood floors in, and also got the crib and changing table. Now we need to get the other furniture in and start decorating/stocking the drawers, and it will actually feel like we have another baby coming! I can't believe she will be here a little more than 2 1/2 months, I've never felt so unprepared before. I'm pretty sure we've decided on a name, but won't divulge until we're certain :-)
I will leave you with a couple of quotes from the kids, since their vocabulary is growing more and more every day. I wish I could jot them all down when I hear them, because they are such creative little people and I'm sure I'm leaving out the most memorable:
Dylan: [Mom trying on her maternity swimsuit] "Your butt looks great in that, Mom!"
Ava: "Mommy, can you fik it?" [Asking me to fix her dressup necklace for the 100th time]
Dylan: "Oh, it's okay sweetheart." [to Ava when she gets hurt]
Ava: "Ohhh! Need boo-boo band." [to Dylan when he gets hurt]
Dylan: "Mom, there's a robot alien in my bathroom." [seeing the shadow of the hand towel on the wall]
Ava: "Mommy, I get down say hi." [gets out of car] "HI KIDS!!!" [to all the 10 year olds playing in the street]
Dylan: "It's stinky in here. I think you ran in a stunk." [In the car the day after there was a skunk smell in the car]
1 comment:
Cute Cute! Love the post!
Post a Comment