April 28, 2010

An Ode to Ava!



To my beautiful, independent big girl...

When you were born, I was overjoyed to have you in my life.
You were so small, so quiet, and the perfect little baby.
I cherished holding you every moment I could,
and always imagined when you got older playing with dolls, makeup and dress up.

Flash forward two years, and my small, quiet little girl is now a full blown toddler.
No more days that you only express yourself with those gorgeous eyes and huge baby smile.
Days are now filled with your boisterous voice and even bigger smile.
You sing-song throughout the day, and love calling your big brother to play.

My thoughts of you playing with dolls and being “girlie” have certainly come true...
And then some!
You sneak into my bathroom and play with makeup, only to be ratted out by the Spongebob and princess stickers you leave behind on everything you touch.
Necklaces and purses adorn you daily-whether they're for play or taken from mommy!

All of that personality that was hidden behind your baby blue eyes now can shine for all to see.
Your sweet kisses and hugs that are given out generously, and the way you tackle Dylan to the ground until he succumbs to all of your kisses,
Shows how loving you are...and how relentless you are!

You are affectionate, independent and sassy,
and you MIGHT remind me a little of someone I know :-)

Happy Second Birthday, Ava Grace.



No comments: