We have been doing so many fun things with the kids, and the kids are growing so fast, that the blog is my attempt at journaling some of their milestones and travels through childhood. So, I'm going to try my darndest to create new blog entries. As most of you know, I changed jobs back in October, and love working at Fossil! But, that also means that I am super busy at work, and in the evenings I just don’t feel like turning on the computer :-)
One of the fun things that Michael and I like to do is spend quality time with the children separately by finding something they would like to do with one of us. Michael took Ava on a “date” to Chick Fila last month, where the staff waited on them to take their orders tableside, and there was even a daddy/daughter conversation card for the dads! Ava was super cute and had to wear lipstick and bring her purse. She got to bring home a flower and balloon, and they stopped on their way home and picked up a stuffed bear.
One of the fun things that Michael and I like to do is spend quality time with the children separately by finding something they would like to do with one of us. Michael took Ava on a “date” to Chick Fila last month, where the staff waited on them to take their orders tableside, and there was even a daddy/daughter conversation card for the dads! Ava was super cute and had to wear lipstick and bring her purse. She got to bring home a flower and balloon, and they stopped on their way home and picked up a stuffed bear.

Michael took Dylan to the Monster Jam show last month, where the boys were boys and enjoyed it when the monster trucks lost a wheel or crashed into one of the obstacles on the track. Typical!
I had the pleasure of taking Dylan to Medieval Times this past weekend. He wasn’t too certain of the place before we got there (“Mommy, do they have legos there?”) but the moment we stepped inside the castle, he took everything in and cheered for our knight! It was neat watching him as he excitedly cheered the knight on and waived his little flag, especially since mama wasn’t too certain he would have a good time.


We have a good behavior system in place at home. If Dylan and Ava have a good day, or go out of their way to help/be kind to someone, they get to put a marble in the jar. When the jar is full, they get to choose a reward. They filled up the jar for the first time on Sunday, so we are having a tent party on Friday! Ava requested a blanket and pillow fight, and Dylan requested mint chocolate chip ice cream. Michael and the kids will make homemade ice cream when we get home Friday evening, and we will feast on pizza, s’mores and popcorn. Should be a fun, tummy-aching night!
Funny story about the marble jar: When they filled up the jar Sunday night, we all did a happy dance and talked about our tent party. I then proceeded to dump all the marbles back into the bowl to start the whole process over. The kids looked at me in complete shock, and then started crying in unison! I had to explain that we were starting over, which only made matters worse. So, I had to over-assure them that they still got the tent party, but can work towards another reward. They finally understood and giggled about it, but for about 5 minutes, you would've thought I was the meanest mommy in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment