October 20, 2013

San Antonio Weekend

Me and the kiddos thought it would be fun to take a long weekend trip with Aunt Mary Ann and cousin Kaylee before school started! We drove down to San Antonio Wednesday night and decided to walk around the Riverwalk for a bit and hang out and order room service since it was already late at night.

The next day, the kids were excited to go to SEA WORLD!! Thank goodness an extremely sweet neighbor (who I hardly know) let me borrow her sit-n-stand stroller. I have to admit, I was pretty stressed out this trip, probably because it was a lot of walking, HOT, and I was completely outnumbered :-)


Cruisin' in mommy's lifesaver.



Dylan and Ava feeding and petting the dolphins.





Feeding squid and fishies to the seals - Harper was the only brave one to touch the squid!


Precious cousins...just a tad H-O-T!




The seal and otter show.



We got to enjoy two days at Sea World, and I guess because it was the weekend before school started, it was the PERFECT time to go - it was not crowded at all!

We ate lunch with Shamu and then went to the show.




Water park fun - Kaylee LOVED it!!




After we got cleaned up after Sea World, we took a boat ride down the River Walk.




Entering the "Kissing Bridge".


I just love all the old architecture. 

 

Group pic in front of the boat.

 
 
I just love it when these two are sweet with each other. It lasts about as long as it takes to snap the photo, but one day I'm hoping they will be best of friends.
 
 
Then we went to the Hard Rock for dinner. The kids didn't have much energy left after the day, but they were troopers.



My little rockers!



Saturday was filled with downtown fun - the Alamo and the Children's Museum. 

Remember the Alamo!





 

We were really surprised at how much fun stuff the museum had for the kids. I could really write a blog and post tons of pictures that were taken - we spent hours there!

The trolley.


Corralin'.



Ava doing science projects - she LOVES art and science.




I'm thinking she's pretty darn close to his size ;-)


The kids loved playing pilot and flight attendant.


HEB shopping.


Harper putting all of her groceries on the checkout lane.


"Hmm, I think I need to get another ham."



The girls loved this - huge bubbles!


I'm pretty sure Harper was the only one brave to milk the cow.


Dylan was so excited - life-size chess!!


After the museum, we all went to Mi Tierra's for dinner. Harper was exhausted! It was Michael's birthday, and when I took Harper to the bathroom, apparently Dylan asked if he could bring cake home for his dad. Too sweet! The waitress said she couldn't do that, but if Dylan pretended it was his birthday, he could get it to go. I was SHOCKED that Dylan went along with it - the restaurant sang to him, asked how old he was (it took him a sec, but he said 7!), and then he got the cake for daddy...which we all enjoyed when we got back to the hotel room :-)






It was a fantastic trip, and on our way home we topped it off with a tiny little cinnamon roll :-)



No comments: